Got a question about our edible cake toppers? It's probably been asked before so let's see if we can help.
We are fully operational and maintaining strict hygiene practices as we always do. Royal mail is also fully operational, although delays do still seem to occur more than in the past so we recommend using the guaranteed next day services for urgent orders.
Are your cake toppers edible?
Yes, they are! Our cake toppers are printed onto your choice of icing paper or wafer paper with edible inks, so they’re perfectly safe to eat.
What do your cake toppers taste like?
Our cake toppers are lightly sweetened to complement your delicious cake!
What size are your cake toppers?
Our cake toppers come in a variety of different sizes and shapes to suit your bakes.
Our cupcake toppers are 2” (53mm) in diameter, perfect for individual sized cakes and bakes.
For larger bakes our round cake toppers are 8” (200mm) diameter, while our square cake toppers 8x8” (200mm).
We also have landscape and portrait rectangular cake toppers that measure 10.75"x8” (273mm x 200mm).
What’s the difference between icing toppers and wafer toppers?
We print with edible inks onto two different types of edible paper. Here’s a breakdown of the differences between wafer paper and icing paper to help you work out which is best for your bakes:
- Our wafer toppers are made from, lightly sweetened rice paper.
- Wafer toppers are NOT pre-cut. You can simply use the printed guide to cut them from the rice paper sheet using a pair of sharp, dry scissors and they’re ready to go.
- Wafer toppers work best with buttercream.
- Wafer paper doesn’t like humidity. If it’s too humid in your kitchen, or if your hands are wet, they tend to lose their stiffness and the edges can curl. This just means it’s best to apply wafer toppers to cakes just before serving so they look their best.
- Our icing toppers are essentially a layer of thin icing – perfect for lying flat on an iced cake.
- Round Celebration Cake and Cupcake Icing toppers are pre-cut. Just peel them from their backing sheet and they’re ready to go.
- Prints appear a little sharper on icing toppers, but they can run or smudge if the topper gets wet. It’s important to use a very small amount of sticking agent and always work with clean, dry hands.
- Icing toppers are a slightly creamier shade of white.
- Icing will tear if it’s too sticky or wet, so it’s best to work in a cool environment with dry hands.
Do I have to cut cake toppers out?
Our 8" round Icing Toppers and 2" Icing Cupcake toppers are pre-cut so you do not need to cut these out.
Round Rice Paper toppers and Cupcake toppers will not be pre-cut. These can simply be cut from their sheet using a pair of sharp, dry scissors.
Where do you ship from and how long will it take to receive my toppers?
We ship from the UK, if you are in the UK you will get free 1st class delivery included in the price. Royal Mail state that 90% of first class orders arrive next working day, but the service is now quoted as 1-2 working days and it can longer than this in busy periods.
We also offer guaranteed next working day services for the UK and a Saturday guaranteed service - both cost extra. Please note that both of these services require a signature on delivery.
We do not currently ship outside of the UK.
Do you have any tips to make sure my personalised cake toppers look amazing?
Absolutely! Here are some key things to remember:
- We recommend you choose a high-resolution image with a light-coloured background. Low-resolution images, or images with dark backgrounds, can affect the print quality.
- We suggest image dimensions of approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (dots per inch), so if you’re scanning your image, we recommend this setting. Basically, the larger the image you upload, the better the quality of the print will be.
- If you’re uploading a photo from your computer, images must be in JPEG or PDF format. Any other format, like Word documents, won’t be accepted.
- Cupcake photo toppers are small so are perfect for fitting 1 or 2 faces on – not ideal for an office team photo!
- Remember for round toppers that your image will have to be cropped into a circle so try and make sure there's enough background to let us do this effectively.
What’s the print quality like?
We think it’s pretty good, if we do say so ourselves. Remember, we’re printing onto icing and wafer paper so the image quality won’t be as good as a photo… but you can’t eat a photo!
Will the colours change when you print my photo onto the icing or wafer paper?
We think it remains pretty true to the original uploaded picture but as we use edible inks, there may occasionally be small variations in colour to the image on your screen, just like if you print a photo at home.
What ingredients are used?
For a full list of the ingredients we use in our icing paper, wafer paper and edible ink, please see our ingredients page. Our cake toppers are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. They are nut, gluten and lactose free.
How long do cake toppers last for?
Our cake toppers are good for a minimum of 2 months at the time of dispatch, but generally they can be kept for up to 6 months. The use by date can be found on the packet seal. Once you open your toppers, please keep them in an airtight container and consume within 10 days.
About Elegant Edible Icing
How can I contact you?
We’d love to hear from you! Get in touch any time here.
Where are my cake toppers made?
Our cake toppers are made by our team in Lincolnshire, UK.
Are you VAT registered?
Yes, we are. Please contact us for more details.